Monday, October 15, 2012

2 y.o Chestnut Mare Needs Home

In a not-so-amazing coincidence, right after my conformation post talking about cheap young chestnut horses, I got an email asking for help finding a home for a cheap young chestnut horse.

Susan Wellman, of ASAP rescue here in Wisconsin, is in contact with an Amish family that owns a neglected mare. You can read her blog post about it here. Trudy Mara, part-time horse rescuer, is willing to pay the $50 the Amish want for her, but doesn't have a place to put her. I am totally willing to give her a free ride to a new home, but I don't think I can take her myself. Saint Francis Horse Rescue is also full.

Do you have space for a young mare with trust issues? Her description:

"2 year old pretty wild 14.1 HH grade QH filly, chestnut with white. She is on an Amish farm near Hillsboro, tied to a corncrib with a metal cable, with rope wounds to legs. She is fearful and would do best in a stall or a little larger space with daily work- life has not been good to her. She is also thin." Sorry, no pictures available.

You can contact Susan of ASAP at 608-689-2399 or asapinc@mwt.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment